[Labs-announce] IMPORTANT: Reboots (again!) on Wednesday

Andrew Bogott abogott at wikimedia.org
Fri Mar 18 18:58:15 UTC 2016

     Yet another kernel exploit turned up this week, which means another
round of kernel updates and reboots.  All labs instances will be
rebooted (at various and unpredictable times) this Wednesday,
2016-03-23, beginning around 14:00 UTC.

    We're getting pretty good at this :(  We'll pool- and de-pool exec
nodes as needed to minimize surprise endings for ToolLabs jobs, but as
usual there will be some stragglers that get cut short or don't get
restarted properly.  Keep an eye out on Wednesday, and let us know on
IRC if you run into trouble.

-Andrew