[Labs-announce] Labsdb hardware failure: Some tools may a restart

Andrew Bogott abogott at wikimedia.org
Sun Feb 14 23:22:04 UTC 2016

Hello!

One of our db servers (labsdb1002) just suffered a disk failure. We've
rebalanced traffic to different servers, but depending on how tools are
coded they may still be banging fruitlessly on the labsdb1002 door.
Here are the databases that were moved:

'bgwiki'
'bgwiktionary',
'commonswiki'
'cswiki'
'dewiki'
'enwikiquote'
'enwiktionary'
'eowiki'
'fiwiki'
'idwiki'
'itwiki',
'nlwiki'
'nowiki'
'plwiki'
'ptwiki'
'svwiki'
'thwiki'
'trwiki'
'wikidatawiki'
'zhwiki'

If your tool relies on one of those databases, please verify that it is
still up.  If it isn't, a simple restart should get you back on track,
but you might also want to consider adding code that detects db failures
and reconnects.

Sorry for the interruption!

-Andrew