[Labs-announce] Yet Another Labs Upgrade Wednesday 2015-09-09 16:00 UTC

Andrew Bogott abogott at wikimedia.org
Tue Sep 1 20:38:00 UTC 2015

     As part of my ongoing attempts to modernize the Labs OpenStack
cluster, I'll be upgrading us from version Juno to version Kilo next
Wednesday.

     This will be in large part a repeat of the Icehouse->Juno release
that happened last week; instances shouldn't notice much of a change,
but there will be intermittent interruptions to the Wikitech interface
and new instance creation may misbehave off and on.

     There was also a brief network outage during last week's upgrade.
I can't guarantee that won't happen this time, but I'll keep it short if
it does.

     This is the last of our rush-to-catch-up upgrades, so after this
one these scheduled outages should become much less frequent. Barring
new kernel bugs, of course :(

-Andrew