[Labs-announce] Possible DNS hiccups today

Andrew Bogott abogott at wikimedia.org
Wed Nov 25 15:34:53 UTC 2015

Hello!

I'm going to be rearranging our DNS infrastructure[1] a bit today. I
don't expect any service interruptions but when I flip things over from
the primary to the secondary recursor some instances[2] may encounter a
5-second timeout which could cause some alerts to fire.

I'll send an all-clear message when everything is done moving around.

[2] Specifically, instances with self-hosted puppet. In theory all
properly puppetized hosts will be notified of the change beforehand.