[Labs-announce] Old ldap services shutting down in one hour: neptunium, nembus, ldap-eqiad, ldap-codfw

Andrew Bogott abogott at wikimedia.org
Thu Dec 17 14:45:14 UTC 2015

In one hour we are going to turn off the old ldap servers.  Here are
some consequences you can expect from this:

- Anything that is using an ldap IP address cached from last week will
either die or reset itself
- Anything that contains literal references to neptunium or nembus will
no longer work
- Anything that contains literal references to ldap-eqiad.wikimedia.org
or ldap-codfw.wikimedia.org is already being redirected to the new
servers (but that results in cert mismatches in the case of tls or
secure ldap.)  This has been true since the 8th, and won't change.
- Anything that is properly puppetized will be just fine.

Feel free to contact me or Moritz for advice about how to troubleshoot
issues, should they arise.

-Andrew