[Labs-admin] Clinic duty update for 8/29 - 9/4

Madhumitha Viswanathan mviswanathan at wikimedia.org
Sun Sep 3 18:15:30 UTC 2017

There's no ops meeting this week due to the Labor Day holiday, will pass on
etherpad updates when they have the TechOps one up.

Clinic duty notes:

- Worked on star.wmflabs.org SSL Certificate update (https://phabricator.
wikimedia.org/T174611)

- Created centralnotice views on labsdb* with maintain-views (
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T135405)

- Found bug, filed and fixed - openstack-browser fails to load individual
instance info (https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T174740)

- User Vacio reported wikitech login issues - turned out to be an issue
where creating LDAP accounts via striker doesn't create Wikitech accounts,
and there's no way to link them yet, and there's no means for password
reset from Striker. Bryan is following up - see https://phabricator.
wikimedia.org/T174469

- I noticed high NFS misc usage by projects wikidumpparse and dumps, filed
bugs (Might be worth following up for the next clinic person)

- Wikidumpparse: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T174467 (no response yet)

- Dumps: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T174468 (Hydriz and Nemo_bis
responded and are working on it)

- Task for labsdb* reboots that had 1001 and 3 reboots pending was resolved
with note that we're going to wait for 1001 and 3 to be decommed. Jaime had
some thoughts on not postponing the reboots too much, and Bryan is
following up https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T168584

- Followed up on this task where Ed Summers isn't able to log in to
ws-web.wikistream - https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T174850.

Best,
--
Madhu :)