[Labs-admin] Quarterly goals

Chase Pettet cpettet at wikimedia.org
Wed Mar 29 20:02:07 UTC 2017

I am torn on the MItaka work because I really don't think we can do that
and get anywhere with Neutron and then there is the timebomb of
labsdb1001/1003.  It sounds like the new labsdb cluster will have all data
available within the next quarter and I think we have to plan on doing work
there for practical reasons.  It really depends on how we view goals and
our goal theory of percentage of team effort.

I think we could conceivably say: neutron, some portion of labsdb work, and
?( striker things?).  That's pretty stretched though with 4 of us and
hiring for a yuvi replacement.

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 9:36 PM, Bryan Davis <bd808 at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> The practice presentation for the Q3 review/Q4 preview will be on
> 2017-04-11, so we should probably figure out our team Q4 goals by
> then. Chase started an etherpad for us at
> <https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/wmcs-goals-q4-16-17>. Is there
> anything big that folks are interested in moving forward?
>
> I will try to figure out what to propose as phase one of the big
> rename/rebrand process. I don't think we will get far past creating a
> straw dog proposal and kicking off a discussion, but that could put us
> in a good place for making some real changes in Q1. I will also carry
> forward the unfinished (unstarted really) goal I had for Q3 to move
> tool creation to Striker.
>
> Bryan
> --
> Bryan Davis              Wikimedia Foundation    <bd808 at wikimedia.org>
> [[m:User:BDavis_(WMF)]]  Sr Software Engineer            Boise, ID USA
> irc: bd808                                        v:415.839.6885 x6855

Chase Pettet
Engineering Manager -- Labs
chasemp on phabricator <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/p/chasemp/> and
IRC