[Labs-admin] labsdb1003 not in the best of states- standing by for now

Jaime Crespo jcrespo at wikimedia.org
Fri Mar 17 17:31:34 UTC 2017

This replica server paged for being low on space a few hours ago. When
looking at it, I saw it was swapping and the extra disk space (aside from
the usual db inefficiencies) could be due to deleted temporary tables.

I thought for some time to restart the server- if it was another db server
I would do it immediately. Give it is currently a SPOF (unlike on the new
labs setup), I have decided to keep it up for now and not do maintenance-
but reduce a bit the max execution time (to 1 hour) and see if it
alleviates some of the load. I would leave it like that for some time- but
if it finally ends up crashing, I will take the opportunity to do a pending
upgrade in packages, mariadb and kernel.

--
Jaime Crespo
<http://wikimedia.org>