[Labs-admin] Today's Ops meeting & clinic followup 2017-06-26

Andrew Bogott abogott at wikimedia.org
Mon Jun 26 18:11:03 UTC 2017

On 6/26/17 12:00 PM, Bryan Davis wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 10:56 AM, Andrew Bogott <abogott at wikimedia.org> wrote:
>> -There was some (unresolved) concern that normal phab users can't comment on
>> WMCS blog posts.
> Is this an artifact of preventing random users from publishing posts
> to the blog? If so that sounds like an upstream issue that needs
> fixing. I guess we could do some hack like creating a normal task for
> each post and directing comments there.
<twentyafterfour> I think it's a bit broken, if it's what I think it is
then you can't comment on a blog post unless you can edit that blog
(editing the blog doesn't affect posting, posting is controlled by the
'blog post' form, it's all rather confusing and stupid)
2:26 PM but since posting is controlled by the form then we can allow
editing on the blog and that won't allow just anyone to post to the blog
<paladox> twentyafterfour would you be able to fix the form please?

That exchange is about all I know.  I'll check in with Mokunda on IRC
right now.