[Labs-admin] Ways to go forward with Kubernetes

Yuvi Panda yuvipanda at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 22:18:18 UTC 2016

So I worked a bit with Krinkle (who knows how to use kubectl already)
on getting one of his new bots setup on k8s.

Conclusions:
Plain kubectl is no-go for most regular users. To mount NFS (and the
nslcd socket, for passwd / group dbs), we *need* to write a custom
yaml file.

Other than that, it was fairly smooth. But this does mean we need to
wrap kubectl run at least in some form. We could make that super
minimal, but it's modifications from upstream either way.

Other stuff (kubectl get pods, kubectl delete, logs, etc) are fine.