[Gendergap] Labiaplasty

Ole Palnatoke Andersen palnatoke at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 20:24:09 UTC 2011

On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 6:37 PM, Sarah <slimvirgin at gmail.com> wrote:
> What really bothers me is the "before" image shows a woman within a
> normal range, yet we are presenting this as something in need of
> surgery. I'm concerned that young women could stumble on this and
> start to doubt themselves.

Somewhat related: The most well-known Danish woman's self-awareness
book, [[da:Kvinde, kend din krop]] was originally published in 1975,
and has been revised several times since. This year, the group behind
the book opened a photo booth in order to collect images of the
diversity of female genitalia. Have a look at it at
http://kvindekenddinkrop.dk/ - use your favourite translation service
if you don't read Danish (no, there are no genitalia on the front page
- the link 'BILLEDERNE' will take you there).

Regards,
Ole

--
http://palnatoke.org * @palnatoke * +4522934588