[Gendergap] Consent for photographs on Commons

Tracy Poff tracy.poff at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 04:10:10 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 7:39 PM, Ryan Kaldari <rkaldari at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> I added a new parameter to the template for indicating full consent. If
> you use {{consent|full}} it outputs:
> "I personally created this media. All identifiable persons shown
> specifically consented to publication of this photograph or video under
> a free license, granting unrestricted rights to redistribute the media
> for any purpose."

Not commenting on the merit of including such a variation:

Consenting to the release of something under a free license
emphatically *does not* mean "granting unrestricted rights to
redistribute the media for any purpose." In particular, under many
licenses, the redistribution is restricted by the requirement that the
new copies also be provided under a free license. They also usually
require that the creator be attributed.

You may wish to rethink the wording of that, a bit.

--
Tracy Poff