[Gendergap] So this is how Commons works?

Sydney Poore sydney.poore at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 00:33:36 UTC 2011

I left Yann a message on his talk page asking him to reconsider.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Yann#Korean_Vulva

I sincerely hope that she did give consent and knows that it is on Commons.
Otherwise we are exploiting her.

I disagree that the person is not recognizable. It would be very unethical
to upload this image without this person's consent. True exploitation of the
person.

I feel very strong about this point because of the my knowledge of past
exploitation of people in medical images in textbooks and medical journals,
some of them nude. It was absolutely wrong when it was done in the name of
education and it is wrong for us to do it now.

Sydney Poore
User:FloNight