[Gendergap] Nudity vs Islam in Western Europe

elisabeth bauer eflebeth at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 7 11:40:59 UTC 2011

2011/9/7 Arnaud HERVE <arnaudherve at x-mail.net>:

> As far as medical treatment of women is concerned, the sharia explicitly
> states that :
>
> - A woman patient cannot be seen naked, or even touched, by a male
> doctor. When the doctor is female that is not an issue, and fortunately
> many doctors are female. However, for specialized or emergency
> treatment, we now have a record of of life threatening situations or
> severe lasting damages, because the husband, the father or even the
> brother did not allow treatment.

Did anyone realize just how provocative the illustrations of the
arabic pregnancy article must appear for certain people then?
http://ar.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D9%85%D9%84%D9%81:Hoact21.jpg in the
lead section of the article.

The question now: Should we consider this a good thing or a bad thing?
Should the picture of the male doctor touching the belly of the
pregnant woman be removed from the article, like the picture of the
nude woman in the english wikipedia? Better to replace it with a
pregnant woman wearing hijab? does anyone want to start a RFC?

greetings,
elian