[Gendergap] Pregnancy article lead-image RFC

Daniel and Elizabeth Case dancase at frontiernet.net
Wed Sep 7 05:33:25 UTC 2011

> It's actually a serious point, though. It would be great to provide
> images for those articles that don't portray women the way certain men
> want to see them portrayed. I recall the Body Shop did that a couple
> of decades ago -- started using images of women that fell outside the
> usual range that tended to be objectified (older, not thin, etc). They
> produced some very good ads as a result. The difficulty for us would
> be in finding those images, then in maintaining them on the pages.

Do we have an article on that women's club somewhere in England that, one
year, put out their annual calendar showing them going about their regular
club activities (gardening, tea, etc.) nude? IIRC, they were all in their
fifties and sixties at the time, and the calendar sold quite well. I wish I
could remember more details.

Daniel Case