[Gendergap] High-heeled shoes as a case study

Sarah Stierch sarah.stierch at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 13:59:48 UTC 2011

Just a follow up...

It doesn't even matter, anymore. Some of these images have been nominated
before, and been kept. They all just keep stating I don't know the policies
and that they are in scope. Perhaps it all is and perhaps I really am an
idiot who just can't comprehend the policies, despite reading things
multiple times.

I think the policy about Flickr accounts being deleted and it doesn't matter
is one of the stupidest ideas. Two of the images I nominated have incorrect
licenses and were still uploaded from Flickr and "okayed" by a bot, despite
the Flickr account stating they are all rights reserved. I also don't get
how a deleted Flickr account can still be considered a "source."

Commons is really good at making a smart person feel stupid and like a gnat.

-Sarah