[Gendergap] Question for the Foundation about photographs of women

Sarah slimvirgin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 05:06:27 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 22:22, John Vandenberg <jayvdb at gmail.com> wrote:
> As Sarah Stierch points out, our images of sexuality and reproduction
> are crap, broadly speaking, and our paperwork/processes are
> self-evidently not good for attracting high quality photographs.  What
> processes should we put in place to encourage good quality photographs
> of this kind.  e.g. should we set up a separate OTRS queue to process
> the paperwork for these photographs?   Should it be managed by
> verified non-anonymous women only?

This last point is an excellent suggestion. Lots of people would be
rightly reluctant to email a completely anonymous email address, read
by lots of people, about such a sensitive issue. If there were a
dedicated address, where the complaint would be read and handled only
by other women, that could make a huge difference.

Sarah