[Gendergap] [Commons-l] Fwd: Photo of the Day on Wikimedia Commons

Béria Lima berialima at gmail.com
Mon May 16 13:05:51 UTC 2011

> *Actually, given that the template was cascade protected by virtue of it
> being on the main page, only administrators can edit it.  You're not an
> administrator on Commons, but you do have a staff flag.  Therefore I'd say
> that's a staff action.*

That said, changed the picture without any discussion, only because some
people don't want to see a half-naked anime girl on Main Page (btw: What is
the problem with that picture? I'm a girl, and i'm not AT ALL offended for
see that in main page) was a act that NO ONE should do without consensus.
Not an adm, not an editor, not a staff.

And do that by abusing the tools WMF and the communitty gave you only made
everything even worse.

That said, i restored the original image of the day and would love if you
people decide if the picture should stay or not in main page ON COMMONS.
_____
*Béria Lima*
<http://wikimedia.pt/> (351) 925 171 484

*Imagine um mundo onde é dada a qualquer pessoa a possibilidade de ter livre
acesso ao somatório de todo o conhecimento humano. É isso o que estamos a
fazer.***