[Gendergap] Photo of the Day on Wikimedia Commons

Sarah Stierch sarah at sarahstierch.com
Mon May 16 02:03:26 UTC 2011

Surely I'm not the only one who noticed this lovely gem of a photo of
the day today. In my work environment - NFWS.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Direct link to image:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:On_the_edge_-_free_world_version.jpg

I mean really? /facepalm

This is the kind of imagery I have no desire to see on the front page of
Commons. I'm a very liberal person, but, this makes me not want to even
allow my MOTHER to use Commons.

#wikilove,

Sarah

--
Wikipedia Regional Ambassador, D.C. Region
Wikipedian-in-Residence, Archives of American Art

Sarah Stierch Consulting
Historical, cultural & artistic research, advising & event planning.