[Gendergap] Visible female faces for Wikim/pedia

Carol Moore in DC contactme at carolmoore.net
Sun Mar 20 19:46:06 UTC 2011

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category_talk:Wikipe-tan
I started a debate here. Uh oh, sexual innuendo warning.

On 3/20/2011 1:54 PM, Juliana da Costa José wrote:
> Additional:
>
> I really love the first sentence here [1]:
>
> "Wikipe-tan is one of the personifications of Wikipedia."
>
> So if you see the following pictures (my favourites are this [2] and
> [3]) and see a child-eyed girl in french-roommade-dress and hold-ups
> cleaning so it says a lot about the picture of women a lot of
> Wikipedians (both genders!) accepted as normal.
>
> Very diagnostically conclusive for the picture of females in Wikipedia
> is this [4]
>
> But maybe I am just a comic-banause because I do not like funny mangas
> or animes. I am sorry about this...
> I worked very long in jobs women were just scored by optical an sexual
> clichees, maybe this made me a little bit touchy...
>
> J.
>

> 1 http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikipe-tan?uselang=de
>
> 2 http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Uncle_Wikipe-tan_%28show_some_WIKILOVE%29.png
>
> 3 http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wikipe_tan_by_SigurdHosenfeld.png
>
> 4 http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Jimbo_and_Wikipe-tan.jpg?uselang=de

Carol Moore in DC
http://carolmoore.net/
http://carolmoorereport.blogspot.com/
http://youtube.com/carolmoore
http://youtube.com/carolmooresongs
http://secession.net
http://stopthewarnow.net
http://whatwouldgandhido.net
http://radicalbuttons.com

NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders,
the National Security Agency may have read this
email without judicial or legislative oversight
or warning, warrant, or notice. You have no
recourse nor protection save to secede from the union.