[Gendergap] Visible female faces for Wikim/pedia

Juliana da Costa José julianadacostajose at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 20 17:54:58 UTC 2011

Additional:

I really love the first sentence here [1]:

"Wikipe-tan is one of the personifications of Wikipedia."

So if you see the following pictures (my favourites are this [2] and
[3]) and see a child-eyed girl in french-roommade-dress and hold-ups
cleaning so it says a lot about the picture of women a lot of
Wikipedians (both genders!) accepted as normal.

Very diagnostically conclusive for the picture of females in Wikipedia
is this [4]

But maybe I am just a comic-banause because I do not like funny mangas
or animes. I am sorry about this...
I worked very long in jobs women were just scored by optical an sexual
clichees, maybe this made me a little bit touchy...

J.

1 http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikipe-tan?uselang=de

2 http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Uncle_Wikipe-tan_%28show_some_WIKILOVE%29.png

3 http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wikipe_tan_by_SigurdHosenfeld.png