[Gendergap] What to do about sexism when we see it on WP?

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 02:11:10 UTC 2011

Just for information -

Whoever starts actioning this needs to be careful.  The community
lashbacks over trying to limit abusive behavior in other areas (the
civility arguments, etc) have been severe at times.

A lot of men will take "That was sexist and is creating a hostile
environment, please stop" to be a challenge and insult rather than
believe it.  If an offense was marginal, they may get others to
support that obstructionism.

This is not a "Don't try to do this", it's a "Be careful and aware".

-george