[Gendergap] Outreach..was.. Proposal: Forking gendergap

Joseph Reagle joseph.2008 at reagle.org
Thu Mar 17 19:28:55 UTC 2011

On Wednesday, March 16, 2011, you wrote:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Gender_gap/outreach_letters
> My first draft of any outreach email letter - which I sent an earlier

Good, thank you.

I think it could be useful to provide some examples of efforts/projects on this issue that have succeeded, active/promiment Wikipedian women as role models, and a place to go or be welcomed. Presently, it feels a bit like "please come and watch out for the 20-something males" which could be supplemented with "please come, progress can be made, such as [here], there are other women like you here such as [active/prominent Wikipedians] and come visit us [at wiki/gendergap/wikichix] if you want/need to."