[Gendergap] Proposal: Forking gendergap: Main list for women and transgender, sublist for male supporters

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Tue Mar 15 14:11:31 UTC 2011

> I don't edit Wikipedia because I've never taken the time to learn the
> system
> and I'm afraid I'll screw up. I assume it would feel like making a big
> mistake in a newspaper and having the whole neighborhood scoff, and I
> think
> that becomes a part of my Wikipedia profile forever and ever. I'd like to
> find a YouTube video to walk me through basic involvement. If it's that
> cute
> guy from Portland who is now a Wikipedia community manager presenting it,
> well all the better. I could also be encouraged to edit if the community
> had
> an offline component that included meeting for microbrews.
>
> Thanks,
> Carissa

One of the original meanings of Wikipedia:Ignore all rules addressed
that. It's current formulation is laconic and opaque to anyone but an
insider. The original formulation was "If rules make you nervous and
depressed, and not desirous of participating in the Wiki, then ignore
them and go about your business."

I remember getting off to a pretty rough start.

As to beer, I think you need to live in London for that.

Fred