[Gendergap] Proposal: Forking gendergap: Main list for women and transgender, sublist for male supporters

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Tue Mar 15 08:25:32 UTC 2011

2011/3/15 Carissa Wodehouse <carissawodehouse at gmail.com>:
> I don't edit Wikipedia because I've never taken the time to learn the system
> and I'm afraid I'll screw up. I assume it would feel like making a big
> mistake in a newspaper and having the whole neighborhood scoff, and I think
> that becomes a part of my Wikipedia profile forever and ever. I'd like to
> find a YouTube video to walk me through basic involvement.

What do you (and others in the same position) think of this video?
http://www.howcast.com/videos/317521-How-To-Edit-a-Wikipedia-Article

I'm asking because it's one of the higher production quality ones I've
seen - unfortunately not under licensing terms we can use, and now a
bit outdated (still shows the old look&feel). But would be interested
if this is a format that makes sense to you, if it's too basic, etc.

--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation