[Gendergap] Meta: Don't be a dick

Sue Gardner sgardner at wikimedia.org
Tue Mar 15 00:12:47 UTC 2011

On 14 March 2011 16:22, Denis Barthel <denis at denis.net> wrote:
>  > Are we seriously suggesting that women, as a class, are not editing
>  > > Wikipedia because sometimes editors use naughty words?
>
> It's just Brandon, Pete, Joseph, Daniel, Fred (and now me) ruling the
> discussion on women's needs.

That's hilarious :-)

But seriously, personally I think it's fine. It's silencing and
counterproductive when people try to deny each other's experiences
(like, a man telling a woman she's over-reacting, or whatever). But I
think people trying to imagine the world from someone else's
perspective can only be a good thing. Empathy is good.

And also: that was really funny :-)

Thanks,
Sue