[Gendergap] Meta: Don't be a dick

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Sun Mar 13 17:21:41 UTC 2011

That essay is as close to policy as any essay can get. Basically, it
means that if you are constantly upsetting other people by engaging in
gratuitous aggressiveness you're bad news even if you are always "right".

It could be titled, "Don't be a cunt", or Don't be an asshole" without
changing its essential meaning.

Feel free to suggest a new title and revise the article accordingly.
We've used that expression for a long time, but I don't think there is
any good reason to not change it. However, the title needs to be both
descriptive and memorable; as I say, it's pretty much policy and users
have been banned on that basis. This sort of character is familiar in
life:

Behold the Pale Horse. And the man who sat upon him was Death. And Hell
followed after...

Fred