[Gendergap] the terms "chicks" and "fellows"; systemic bias noticeboard

James Salsman jsalsman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 22:13:47 UTC 2011

Is it appropriate for the Foundation to refer to women as "chicks" and
use the title "fellow" for staff positions?  I'm not adamantly opposed
to either, but I am convinced we can do much better.

On the issue of noticeboards, does anyone know of any actual reasons
that any noticeboard has not tended to help solve the problem it was
intended to address?  All of them seem to have been relatively
successful to me, and certainly have been lesser drama magnets than
the general WP:ANI noticeboard which they tend to relieve by moving
quality responsibilities from the administrators to the wider
community.

It seems to me that the English Wikipedia would be far better with a
systematic bias noticeboard to cover both gender and geographic
concerns.