[Gendergap] Emails to friends, lists to encourage participation

Sue Gardner sgardner at wikimedia.org
Tue Feb 22 21:46:29 UTC 2011

Carol, I think this is a great idea :-)

I think we (anyone here) should create a page on meta (linked to from
here: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Gender_gap) where we put your
draft text, and point to good basic resources to support people
getting started in editing. (There are some very good resources here:
http://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/Bookshelf/Wikipedia and elsewhere
on the outreach wiki.)

That would equip people to use your base text, plus any links that
seem useful to them, to do outreach to any group they like. I really
believe that individual outreach: people reaching out to their own
networks, is a good tactic for us. Because the people who are one
degree of separation from the people here are by definition good
candidates to become editors.

Thanks,
Sue

--
Sue Gardner
Executive Director

415 839 6885 office
415 816 9967 cell

the sum of all knowledge.  Help us make it a reality!