[Gendergap] Nine Reasons Women Don't Edit Wikipedia

Miguelinito miguelinito at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 19:35:35 UTC 2011

Nice of you to read all the opinions (I also do).

Regarding your objective to increase the participation of women
up to 25 % in the next four years, why not 20 % or 30 %? I mean,
what reasons did you consider to choose that number? Is there some
stadistical study or something like that that suggests that number
as a suitable one, or is it just an arbitrary number chosen by somebody?
In the same line, what would you say if finally the result were 10 %?
Or 30 %? If 25 % is just a personal choice, under which criteria you could
think that you succeded or failed? Is it a scientifical effort, or
just a political effort under the knowledge that it's more than
probable that in four years (due to the natural increase of
implication of women in men's traditional roles) the final
percentage will be much higher than 25 %? Please let me know;
maybe I am wrong, together with some other people who think
like me. I need to *trust* you and *understand* you to have
positive feelings about the openness of this project.

Thank you.

Miguel Ángel