[Gendergap] Implications and solutions... Hardcore images essay - HELP!

carolmooredc at verizon.net carolmooredc at verizon.net
Fri Feb 18 00:06:33 UTC 2011

While I had a problem with general discussion of the topic, once I got
to Bukkake article, a term I never had heard of before, I could easily
see the problem and that there are needed solutions both to make it
inviting to women and to discourage any kind of sexism related to
extensive editng of these articles.  (After looking at a dozen of these
articles in last couple days I noticed I've had run ins on other types
of articles with a few of the editors that were uncomfortable.)

First, note that Bukkake is an example of the infamous "circle jerk" (a
notable male only activity with lots of WP:RS) but not only is there *no
article about it,* but the term forwarded to an article about people
masturbating each other - not even accurate.

And of course Gay Bukkake which I just searched and has WP:RS isn't
mentioned. So instead of two similar graphics of a woman being the
object, they obviously need one with a man being the object.   The
"snowballing" article, something else new to  me similarly showed two
women doing it, even though overwhelmingly it is gay men and
heterosexual couples doing it. All that just shows quite a bit of sexist
and even homophobic POV.

Anyway, more females and gay males (another under-represented here?)
willing to deal with these POVs would help. Plus two suggestions below.

Also, admin wise, maybe Sexual Content needs its own ANI do it doesn't
freak out all the people who don't want to hear about it.