[Gendergap] Hardcore images essay

Andreas Kolbe jayen466 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 15 01:42:28 UTC 2011

--- On Tue, 15/2/11, Sue Gardner <sgardner at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> From: Sue Gardner <sgardner at wikimedia.org>
> So the question is: female editors, have you come across
> explicit
> material on the Wikimedia projects that you find offensive,
> degrading
> or discouraging?

Thanks, Sue.

This is a good question, but there is another important question I would
like to ask women as well:

If you had been researching and working on these articles, would you have
illustrated them in the same way?

Note:

For the non-cartoon version of the creampie illustration you have to go to
Czech Wikipedia for example:

http://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creampie

or to Commons

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Creampie_(sexual_act)

Earlier on, we were discussing the hogtie bondage article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Hogtie_bondage&oldid=385052790

(The images there have since been reduced as a result of discussion here,
and it was suggested to add images of male subjects. We're working on it.)

The article on Ochre was mentioned as well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ochre

Andreas