[Gendergap] Moderation?

ChaoticFluffy chaoticfluffy at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 19:21:42 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 3:48 PM, Sue Gardner <sgardner at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> 1) Is the conversation here pretty much what you expected? Is it
> better or worse than you expected -- and if so, in what ways?

This is messier than I expected it to be. I'm surprised by how much everyone
differs in their confidence of exactly what The Problem is.

> 2) Are you comfortable with this discusson being mostly unmoderated,
> or would you prefer that we had some simple behavioural
> rules-of-engagement?

I would prefer moderation, but I'd settle for some rules if they're actually
enforced. This free-for-all sort of atmosphere where people are shooting
each other's posts and opinions down is reminding me a little too strongly
of some article talk pages that I've chosen not to participate in.
Dismissing someone's concerns because you haven't experienced them, for
example, ought not to be considered cool.