[Gendergap] Thinking about Solutions

Florence Devouard anthere at anthere.org
Thu Feb 10 10:41:25 UTC 2011

Hello

Just a quick word to say that I really appreciated your (2) emails about
Solutions. Whilst I agree that issues you raise are not directly related
to the "gendergap", I do not think we should aim necessarily in finding
solutions to address the women issue, but rather aim at identifying what
would facilitate participation and help where we can.

Do not get boggued down by rather critical comments or limited comments
from members of this list. What you suggest could have significant
social impacts within our community, and we should always be careful to
avoid breaking what basically works. It is normal that people be
hesitant and it will take a long time and many many many discussions
before some of your suggestions are implemented and go live. But if it
goes in the right direction, there is no hurry. We have been there for
already 10 years and we plan to be there for many years to come. There
is nothing urgent. Time is the essence :)

Anthere