[Gendergap] The Book of Genesis

Miguelinito miguelinito at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 10:42:14 UTC 2011

Abraham and Sarah were already very old, and Sarah was past the age of childbearing. So Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, “After I am worn out and my lord is old, will I now have this pleasure?”

Then the LORD said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh and say, ‘Will I really have a child, now that I am old?’ Is anything too hard for the LORD? I will return to you at the appointed time next year, and Sarah will have a son.”

Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.”

But he said, “Yes, you did laugh.”

There's a couple of questions here:

1) Why Almighty God chose to be a man?

2) Why did Almighty God get angry with the laughter of a simple female mortal? Would he have gotten angry if she, just for *ignorance*, wouldn't have even made herself that question?

For all of you who read the Bible, this could be a nice topic for reflection. :)

Regards

Miguel Ángel