[Gendergap] Please add solution ideas to meta

James Salsman jsalsman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 09:24:30 UTC 2011

Phoebe wrote:

> Maybe we need a special rule for this mailing list:
> after five posts you have to take a break, step away,
> and try to convince a woman you know that they
> should be contributing to Wikipedia. After they make
> their first edit, come back to the mailing list....

That's a good idea.  I had hoped to collect all of the ideas posted as
proposed solutions to
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Proposals_for_more_female_editors but the
list volume has been so great I'm swamped, and am worried that I'll miss
some good ones.  So if you've proposed a solution or see a solution here you
like, would you please add it to that page?

In the interest of brainstorming I hope we can add every idea without regard
to obvious merit and work on seperating the wheat from the chaff in a few
weeks time.

There are a few ideas there that haven't been posted on this list yet, such
as working with the Girl Scouts (should we propose an editing badge?) and
asking celebrities such as Oprah with a large female audience to encourage
their followers to edit.