[Gendergap] Women Post month

Jay Walsh jwalsh at wikimedia.org
Thu Feb 10 05:46:09 UTC 2011

And also - am on the list :)  and agree with Steven that something could certainly be done, even if it's not quite maxed out in the same way.

The beauty of our work is that someone could def post some ideas about an announcement, designs or concepts to spread the word, you name it.   And if nothing else, great to lay down some track for next/other years.

On Feb 9, 2011, at 8:10 PM, Steven Walling wrote:

> On Feb 9, 2011, at 6:55 PM, Sue Gardner wrote:
>
>> But I'm loathe to really say all that, because I know that the 10th
>> anniversary was a lot of work for people like Steven Walling
>> (Wikimedia fellow, on this list) and Jay Walsh (Head of Communications
>> for Wikimedia, and I think not on this list). Plus the planning for
>> that started significantly earlier. So the Wikimedia Foundation would
>> not be able to support an event geared for March as fully as we did
>> the 10th.
>
> To add my two cents: I think a month is enough time to do something meaningful. Not hundreds of offline events with special swag like the 10th anniversary, but some kind of substantial participation in the day is feasible for sure.
>
> Steven Walling
> Fellow at the Wikimedia Foundation
> wikimediafoundation.org

Jay Walsh