[Gendergap] Hello and a (small!) manifesto

Daniel and Elizabeth Case dancase at frontiernet.net
Wed Feb 9 16:36:55 UTC 2011

> Timneu22 has now blanked his user talk page, again, deleting the ongoing
> RfC
> Fred started on it.

And he has now claimed to have left the project.

> What is really funny is that this user and WP:VANISPAM fan has a Wikipedia
> biography:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Neumark

"It's more than just a little bit ironic, don'cha think?"

> which as far as I can make out is as clear a case of a vanity biography as
> have seen; there is not one decent source among the references. His
> youtube
> channel has had all of 125 views since 2006:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/user/timneu22
>
> Notability? This is the sort of biography which, if it were on a garage
> band,
> the chap would nominate for deletion within five minutes of creation.
>
> On top of it, the account that created his bio looks like a sockpuppet or
> meatpuppet ... responding to the AfD within four hours, after not editing
> for more than a year.

I have started the SPI:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Sockpuppet_investigations/Timneu22
As I noted it is quite possible that there may be others in the drawer.

Further increasing the irony factor, this comes right after my comments on
the positives and negatives of the transparency and minimal expectation of
privacy on Wikipedia. [[Quod era demonstratum]].

Daniel Case