[Gendergap] A pet peeve / cliche

Daniel and Elizabeth Case dancase at frontiernet.net
Wed Feb 9 16:00:22 UTC 2011

http://www.internationalwomensday.com/about.asp

>Could we organize a women's edit month/week around that?

>Sarah

Just a note that, already, there have been efforts for the last several
years to make sure that Main Page content, featured and otherwise, on March
8 reflects that, i.e., articles about women and women's history in TFA and
DYK (and we could also, this year, find a similar FPC). It's similar to the
coordinated Irish bursts we've done on March 17, and the Australia-related
ones we did for New Year's Day.

Last year we had to go with an article about an Anglo-Saxon king as the Main
Page FA for that day, but in 2009 we ran [[Harriet Tubman]].

There's plenty of time to get in a relevant request for such an article at
WP:TFA/R, and maybe even to get something to featured status before then.
And there is certainly time to get an FPC nom approved, if you can find one
(there are always plenty out there, many we haven't done as Main Page photos
and many FP or near FPC-quality pics that could be fixed up and promoted
(just a warning, however, that you better really look closely at a photo and
know what you're doing, because those FPC noms are the most brutal (not in
terms of the reviewers' attitude, but their level of expectations) and
exacting photo critiques I've seen on or offline.

At T:TDYK it would take one edit and a relevant new or newly 5x-expanded
article meeting the criteria to start a section of submissions for March 8
that could and would be held there, over the usual time limit, until that
date.

Daniel Case