[Gendergap] Hello and a (small!) manifesto

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Sun Feb 6 18:10:08 UTC 2011

> A woman will think, "I can't be bothered to waste my time arguing with
> that
> ignorant twerp", and go and do something else“ and remember that WP
> ain't
> worth her time. In this way, enthusiasm is killed very quickly.
>
> This is just anecdotal evidence, but it may mirror the experience of many
> other people.
>
> Best,
> Andreas

Cracking down on hasty deleters and new-page patrolers is productive of
much heat and little light. It amounts to a lot of heavy lifting for very
little outcome.

I think many women have enough patience or insight to stick around long
enough to get though preliminary unpleasantness, survive the systemic
problems we have, and make substantial contributions to content and
policy, particularly if there is social support.

Fred