[Gendergap] [Fwd: Marketing:Green: The Business Of Volunteerism]

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Wed Feb 2 20:19:17 UTC 2011

It may well be that we don't value volunteers as we should:

"When planning marketing outreach tactics to recruit volunteers, develop
messages with words that resonate with those who would be interested in
your cause or who carry a complimentary platform. Focus on words that
reinforce your base principles -- and keep it simple. The business behind
your community-base social marketing campaign generally isn't of interest
to a possible volunteer -- but of interest is the opportunity you are
providing them to allow their voice to be part of an underlying
movement."

I have absolutely no problem with such messages or spending money on such
messages directed to encouraging more women to edit. But when people do
step up we need to value them not treat them as though there is a
thousand more where they came from.

Fred