[Gendergap] Hello

Christine Moellenberndt cmoellenberndt at wikimedia.org
Tue Feb 1 21:41:10 UTC 2011

Hi everyone...

I'm Christine, and i'm an employee of the Wikimedia Foundation.  I work
in the Community Department in Reader Relations.  I'm particularly
interested in issues surrounding new editors and am following several
initiatives we've got going to try and increase our numbers of editors
in general.  I'm a fairly infrequent editor on the projects as a volunteer.

I'm also a graduate student in Applied Anthropology, writing my thesis
on Stakeholder Relations in Web 2.0.  It's a fancy way of saying i'm
studying how online communities interface with the company (or
companies) who own/run their web homes.  I'm not studying Wikipedia in
particular, but i think the information i'm gathering will be useful to
all different kinds of online communities.

Looking forward to the discussions on the list!

-christine

---------
Christine Moellenberndt
Community Associate