[Gendergap] What Gender is Wikipedia?

Sarah Stierch sarah.stierch at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 02:14:10 UTC 2011

Hi folks,

While a discussion was taking place on this list about gender neutrality
and language, Victor (User:victorgrigas) and I were having a
conversation about it via email. Victor decided to create a page about
"what language is Wikipedia?"

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/What_Gender_Is_Wikipedia

Hopefully you will contribute to your own and other languages.

Interesting mention about Russian Wikipedia, it states that they refer
to Wikipedia as a female, similar to how in English we refer to ships as
women.

Aweee...even Klingon is featured }:)   (How sentimental!)

-Sarah

--
*Sarah Stierch*
*/Wikimedia Foundation Community Fellow/*
<http://wikimediafoundation.org/w/index.php?title=WMFJA085/en/US&utm_source=WMdonate&utm_medium=sidebar&utm_campaign=20110130SB003&language=en&uselang=en&country=US&referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwikimediafoundation.org%2Fwiki%2FHome><<