[Foundation-l] March Board of Trustees meeting agenda

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 17:58:06 UTC 2012

Hi Thomas,

Yes, of course talking about what we actually do with the money is
important :) We spent a fair amount of time at the February meeting
talking about exactly this with the "annual planning" item, and also
will have at least one, and probably more, online meetings dedicated
to annual planning and included activities between now and signoff of
the plan. Also, though it's not readily obvious, talking about the FDC
structure and movement roles is also related to talking about what we
should be doing -- what kind of community structures can we help build
and support, how to support local and individual initiatives, what
kinds of projects there are *to* support, etc.

In part there's so much time scheduled for talking about
fundraising/funds dissemination because we know that it is not an easy
topic, and especially given the amount of energy we've all spent on it
we want to do it justice. We also want to have enough time to resolve
the issue, at least for the immediate future, so that we can indeed
move on to other things.

best,
phoebe

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Phoebe,
>
> As important as the ongoing discussions and debate over fundraising
> and funds dissemination are, it concerns me that the WMF board is
> using one of its few in-person meetings to discuss almost nothing but
> fundraising and funds dissemination. Fundraising is a means to an end,
> nothing more. Shouldn't you be spending at least some time actually
> discussing that end?
>
> On 25 March 2012 18:33, phoebe ayers <phoebe.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> The next WMF Board of Trustees meeting is scheduled for March 30-31,
>> 2012 in Berlin, held with the chapters meeting.
>>
>> The agenda is now posted here:
>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Board_meetings/March_30-31,_2012
>> Wikimedia Chapters Meeting information:
>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Conference_2012
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Phoebe (WMF Board Secretary 2011-12)
>>
>> --
>> * I use this address for lists; send personal messages to phoebe.ayers
>> <at> gmail.com *

<at> gmail.com *