[Foundation-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Fwd: Announcement: New editor engagement experiments team!

MF-Warburg mfwarburg at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 25 11:05:18 UTC 2012

2012/3/25 En Pine <deyntestiss at hotmail.com>

> Also, Steven, could you send the link to the place where we can look at
> your “not-so-secret effort to make the current user talk template system
> more human”? I’m not clear on which page is the main one,
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Template_A/B_testing or
> https://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/Incubator:Template_testing. Is
> https://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/Incubator:Template_testing the main
> page and https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Template_A/B_testing the list of
> past tests? There’s also
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/New_Editor_Engagement which looks like
> it’s a coordinating page for multiple projects but some of the information
> is a bit outdated. I think it would be helpful for all three of these pages
> to articulate their relationships with each other more clearly and be
> updated to reflect current information, including clearly stating which
> staff members are the appropriate contacts for each page.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pine

I can answer this question easily: The first sentences of the pages in
question say it: The meta page is "a interwiki hub for previous and
on-going A/B testing experiments with Wikipedia templates", and the page on
Incubator "is a page for coordinating A/B testing of user talk templates
here on the Incubator. This project is also going on at several others
wikis, and for a full list and summarized results, see Meta."

Regards,
MF-Warburg