[Foundation-l] User talk templates

Will Takatoshi willtakatoshi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 00:57:48 UTC 2012

WereSpielChequers wrote:

>... our steadily increasing proportion of spammers

Where are you seeing that?  I've been monitoring COIBot report
contribution numbers and it seems about constant over the years to me.

> and the large increase in our proportion of vandals since 2005....

The proportion of vandalism peaked in 2007 per
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Vandalism_statistics Has it
been on the rise again?  ClueBot NG's contribution's over time seemed
to be relatively low before its recent outage and training reset
compared to 2010. Counting ClueBot NG contributions per hour makes it
seem like they are still lower than 2007 levels, but they start and
stop in  bursts so I can't get a good idea of the trend without more
work.

I want to clarify to John Vandenberg and others that I do approve of
the Foundation's very important work on editor retention and
recruitment, and on the current initiatives such the Article Feedback
Tool which are in many ways quality-focused, but I think additional
Foundation efforts on content quality are simply not necessary at
least until the recruitment and retention numbers stop declining.

-Will