[Foundation-l] Editor retention (was "Announcement: New editor engagement experiments team!")

Bod Notbod bodnotbod at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 17:46:53 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 22:01, En Pine <deyntestiss at hotmail.com> wrote:

> think that we should move in the opposite direction, permitting and possibly
> even encouraging people to be social (within reasonable limits) while
> working collaboratively on our collective project of Wikipedia.

I agree. When I was a new editor I got into a friendly chat with an
established Wikipedian. We exchanged a few light-hearted pleasantries
and it did a lot to make me feel welcome in my new environment.

I don't think we should be asking that people keep their talk pages
"on topic" as it were. Indeed I had no idea that we do.

Bodnotbod