[Foundation-l] Fwd: [Wikitech-l] Video codecs and mobile

Bod Notbod bodnotbod at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 15:39:26 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 08:41, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> Every
> article on a street should have video of the street, for example.

I can't say I find that a particularly exciting prospect. Especially
not, as perhaps I wrongly conjure from context given by this
discussion, video shot on mobile phones.

I'm picturing wonky-cam, shakey footage that someone has taken walking
down a less than visually impressive sidewalk.

I think I would find Google Street view a lot more useful and engaging
as it gives me a means to explore and decide where I'm 'looking'.

Bodnotbod