[Foundation-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Fwd: Announcement: New editor engagement experiments team!

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Thu Mar 22 01:22:26 UTC 2012

This strikes me as a very oddly articulated concern about a
> crowd-sourcing project. The basic premise underlying the whole model
> is increasing the quantity of contributors increases the quality of
> the content.  Is this really disputed?
>
> BirgitteSB

I am not sure whether I want to dispute this but let me put it in this
way: This statement is not obvious and should be proven by research.
Moreover, it could be true for some areas and false for other areas.
Whereas, not to offend anybody, the quality of articles on football
players of major clubs (I guess) are proportional to the quantity of
editors, the quality of an article on Landauer formula (which I am going
to create now) is probably not a such simple function of a number of
contributors. And on top of this, the conclusions may change with time.

Cheers
Yaroslav