[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] Stopping the presses:, Britannica to stop printing books

David Goodman dggenwp at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 20:50:09 UTC 2012

For English, and other languages also:

What I suggest is a '''Wikipedia Two''  - an encyclopedia supplement
where the standard of notability  is much relaxed, but which will be
different from Wikia by still requiring  Verifiability and NPOV. It
would include the lower levels of barely  notable articles in
Wikipedia, and  a good deal of what we do not let in.

It would for example include both high schools and elementary schools.
It would include college athletes. It would include political
candidates. It would include neighborhood businesses, and fire
departments.  It would include individual asteroids.  It would include
streets--and also villages. It would include ever ball game in a
season.   It would include anyone who had a credited role in a film,
or any named character in one--both the ones we currently leave out,
and the ones we put in.

This should satisfy both the inclusionists and the deletionists. The
deletionists would have this material out of Wikipedia, the
inclusionists would have it not rejected. Newcomers would have an open
and accepting place for a initial experience.

But it would be interesting to see the results of a search option:
Do you want to see everything (WP+WP2), or only the really notable (WP)?
Anyone care to guess which people would choose?

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 4:07 AM, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14 March 2012 16:34, Robin McCain <robin at slmr.com> wrote:
David Goodman

DGG at the enWP